Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Filter Bubbles

A. From this video, I learned that it really seems like we have no privacy anymore. Big sites like Google and Facebook are invading our privacy and grabbing info from us to try and personalize our internet experience.

B. It begins to make me wonder what exactly I can do on a website like Google to have my experience completely modified again. If Google changes my experience on their website, what if I change or do something different than I usually would? Would it completely change again to fit my new interest(s)?

C. What else can these websites see that we don't know about? What other information about ourselves can these websites receive and use or take? And will they likely use this information for something else?

D. I suppose one thing to try is to be more specific with searches. Don't just put a simple key word or words down to search, but put more detain into a search.

No comments:

Post a Comment