Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What's In This For Me?

My goal this semester is to try not to over-stress on anything that to me might seem (to me) very important. A common thing to feel as the high school student is, well... stress. There are times when I think that I might be at peace, but then something else gets thrown right on top of it. We feel stress over a lot of things. For example, (this year especially) we have college applications, deadlines to those applications, scholarship applications. Then on top of that, we feel more stress over the "am I gonna get accepted to that college?", "will I get that scholarship?", "what if I don't get that scholarship? How am I going to go to college without those scholarships?!". Then we have the other things on our minds too, like the SAT or ACT (even though those are behind us now), or that big test you really need to study for that may or may not put your grade into danger, or that project that you need to get done for your econ class. Then just when you think it'll get better, BOOM! big midterm or big final(s) that you need to study for and do well on. I don't want to feel that way anymore. Instead of having that feeling of stress, I just want to sit down and just think to myself, "You know what? It'll be just fine. You got this". I want a way to completely eliminate all the stress that I have and be able to get done with what I need to get done. Now, we love that feeling of getting done with something that has been stressing us completely. But wouldn't it be a  better feeling if we just weren't stressed about it at all in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment